Decorating tips with statement artwork
If you have fallen in love with a specific piece of art you might want to consider decorating your room around the inspiration piece. Follow these simple tips to make it all cohesive:
- Is your dream piece of art colour or black and white? With a set colour scheme, you can combine patterns, geometrics, solids, and more. As a general rule, introducing a new colour to the room requires you to add it in at least two places for a cohesive room.
- Things don’t need to be perfectly matchy matchy. Trust your instincts. In the end you are the one living in the space and you will love being around things that make you smile.
- If you love colour, remember that you do not want the entire room covered in colour. Your eye needs a break.
- If you have chosen to decorate your room according to a theme, like Beach style, continually look for pieces that will add to the room, like pieces of driftwood or sea glass that you have found on a family holiday. Adding special and personal touches like this will take your room to the next level.
- If the piece if very busy, consider toning down the scatter cushions or throw. This will allow the artwork to stand out as it should and be the talk of the room.
Whether you are focused on colour, size, a theme, or even an inspiration piece, choosing your wall art does not have to be difficult. Go with what makes your heart happy and what you will enjoy seeing every day.
Comments are closed